July 29, 2020
1 lbs Ground beef or Beefless Ground beef
1 (1.25oz) package of Taco Seasoning or your own homemade mix:
2-3 tbs Chili powder
2 tsp of Cumin
1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Onion powder
salt & pepper to taste
1 (13-18 oz) package of Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
2-3 cups Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese or your choice. I used a combo of Colby Jack and Pepper Jack
1 (15.5oz) can of Refried Beans
1 cup Salsa, or more to taste
1/8 cup Salsa Verde to add to cooking beans
1 cup Sour Cream, or more to taste
1 (10oz) can of pitted Black Olives, drained and cut into rings
4 Celery Stalks finely chopped
1/2 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
1 (4oz) can diced green peppers, drained
3 Plum Tomatoes, finely chopped
1 Avocado, diced
4 green onions, diced
1.Chop and prep: tomatoes, yellow onion, celery, green onions, olives, and grate the cheese.
2. Cook and stir the ground beef (or meatless ground beef) in a skillet over medium heat, until the meat is crumbling and no longer pink (degrease the meat). Stir in the seasoning mix ( or your own spices). Simmer until beef mixture has thickened (8-10 minutes for the regular ground beef).
For the meatless ground first cook onions and celery in 3 tbs of Olive oil until translucent, then add meatless ground beef, spices, and stir uncovered until the veggie meat is crumbly and hot. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a separate skillet, or small pot, mix beans with the Salsa Verde. Incorporate, and heat at medium heat until heated through. Take off heat, and set aside.
4. Set the oven rack about 8 inches from the heat source, and preheat the broiler, at 375F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
5. Spread tortilla chips in the prepared baking sheet. Top with a layer of meat. Next, add a layer of beans (drop on top of the meat with teaspoon). Top with the diced green chili’s , and the olives. For the final layer, top with all of the cheese.
6. Broil in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted. Watch it carefully to prevent it from burning (7-10 minutes). Remove from the oven, and place into individual serving dishes.
7. Top the nachos with salsa, sour cream, green onions, tomatoes, avocado, and jalapeños peppers.
Congratulations! You are ready to eat the World’s best Nachos. Enjoy!