August 9, 2020
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter at room temperature
1/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp lemon juice
3 medium very ripe bananas
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 cup milled flax seeds
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl: flour, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg.
3. In another medium bowl beat the butter, and the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the eggs, vanilla extract, and lemon juice into the the butter mixture until well combined.
4. Stir flour mixture into butter mixture until smooth. Add yogurt, bananas, 1/2 cup walnuts, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips, stirring until butter is just blended.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle remaining 1tbs of walnuts and 1tsp chocolate chips on top of the batter.
6. Bake for about 70 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, before removing it from the pan to cool completely on a wire rack. It makes 10-12 servings depending on how thick you cut each slice.
Congratulations! You are all done. Please enjoy your delicious banana bread!
Please share in the comments about how your banana bread turned out. Also, please include if you changed the recipe. What did you add or delete? Thank you for sharing!