August 10, 2020
2 tbs oil1 large onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tbs chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp Trader’s Joe 21 Seasoning Salute
1 tbs Hungarian Paprika
1 pinch of black pepper
4 cups vegetable broth
4 (15oz) cans of black beans
1/2 bag (8oz) of frozen sweet corn
1 medium red pepper, chopped
1 (14.5oz) can crushed tomatoes
3 laurel leaves
1 tsp salt
3 ears of corn, each cut into three pieces
1. Saute onions, celery, pepper, carrots, and garlic for 5 minutes using the sauté setting of the instant pot. Season with chili powder, cumin, Paprika, 21 Salute, salt, Laurel, and black pepper. Sauté together for about a minute.
2. Stir in vegetable broth, 4 cans of black beans, all the corn, and the tomatoes. Turn off sauté setting.
3. Turn on the high pressure setting on the instant pot. Set the cooking time at 20 minutes.
4. Close, and lock the lid of the instant pot. Make sure that the pressure valve is pointing to sealing (not venting).
5. Once the cooking cycle is done, allow the pressure to release on its own. Once the pressure is released, you can open the lid.
6. Turn off the instant pot. Serve while it is hot. Makes 10-12 servings.
Congrats! You are all done, and are ready to enjoy your black bean soup.
Did you add or delete any ingredients? Please take a minute to share about what you did. Thank you for sharing!