August 8, 2020
Hi! Here is a great recipe that I just made yesterday for my son and his wife. I must say they loved it! My son’s first comment was about how great the house smelled, and said: ”…it smells like Christmas in here!” I encourage you to try this recipe, for they both enjoyed it very much!
If you would rather make the regular banana bread with eggs, I am also posting that recipe. I also made that one yesterday. That is the “Nutty Banana Chocolate Bread“ recipe with eggs. I encourage you to try that recipe if you are not vegan. I can report that it tastes very good, for I had two pieces! My house still smells like Christmas today!
3 large very ripe bananas
1/4 c almond milk (or your nondairy)
1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
2 tbs refined coconut (or your preferred oil)
1 tbs flaxseed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2c all purpose flour or wheat pastry flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 c chopped pecans
3/4 c chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 375* F. Pre spray or grease your pan. I recommend a bread loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, mash the bananas until they look like purée consistency.
3. Add the milk, applesauce, oil, ground flax seed, and the vanilla. Stir vigorously with a fork until well incorporated.
4. In separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and sugar. Mix well until well incorporated.
5. Add the dry ingredients gradually into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Continue adding and mixing together until both are well incorporated.
6. Pour the batter into your greased bread pan.
7. Prepare chocolate mixture. Drizzle chocolate mixture into the batter in the bread pan. Use a knife to swirl the mixture in a figure eight pattern (be careful not to over mix).
8. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. The top should be lightly brown, and when you insert a knife in the center it should come out clean.
9. Remove from the oven, set aside and let cool for ten minutes. Take out of loaf and cut into 1/4” thick slices. It makes 12 servings
Chocolate Drizzle Recipe:
6 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tbs almond milk (warm until steaming)
Congratulations! You are all done. Please enjoy your delicious banana bread!
Please share in the comments about how your banana bread turned out. Also, please include if you changed the recipe. What did you add or delete? Thank you for sharing!