August 18, 2020
2 cups Muesli
1 cup protein powder
2 cups chia seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds, ground
3 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup flax seeds
2 (16 oz) jars peanut butter
15 pitted dates, ground
1 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup almonds, ground
1/4 cup Brazil nuts, ground
1/4 cup walnuts, ground
2 cups raisins
2 cups dried apricots, diced
1 cup honey
2 tbs vanilla extract
Recipe makes 76 1” power balls.
1. Put the dates in a blender, and grind them until a paste-like consistency is reached. Set aside.
2. Individually grind the sunflower seeds, almonds, Brazil nuts, and walnuts until they each reach the consistency of a powder. Set aside in a bowl.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the following ingredients until evenly moistened and well incorporated: Muesli, protein powder, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, oats, flax seeds, peanut butter, dates, cocoa powder, chopped almonds, raisins, dried apricots, honey, and vanilla extract.
4. Refrigerate the mixture, to help it solidify slightly, for about 30 minutes.
5. Roll mixture into 1 inch balls, and arrange in one layer in a container. Top this first layer with wax paper.
6. Arrange a second layer of power balls on top of the wax paper. Continue layering as needed, and refrigerate. I keep mine in the freezer.
I encourage you to try this great recipe! It looks simple, but it packs a punch of great flavor and protein. I have made many different types of power balls, and these are my favorite. Everyone in my family loved them!
What would you add or delete from this recipe? Please share about it in the comments. Thank you for sharing!