September 16, 2020
This flavorful chunky salsa may be served with corn chips. It can also be served on top of: rice, salads, or baked potatoes. I made this salsa to include in my black bean burritos with brown rice. Delicious! It is from the cookbook: Straight Up Food, by Cathy Fisher.
• 1 (15oz) can cooked black beans, drained & rinsed
• 1 cup chopped tomatoes
• 1/2 cup packed cilantro, chopped (or parsley
• 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon regular or smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
• Place all of the ingredients (black beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, onion, lime juice, lemon juice, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and garlic) into a medium bowl and stir well.
If you would like a dip rather than a chunky salsa, place all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse 5-6 times so the dip still has some texture.
You may wish to add chopped jalapeños, bell peppers, mango, and/or avocado.
How do you plan to use this salsa? share about it in the comments. Thank you for sharing!