September 27, 2020
This recipe is from:
- 14.5 oz canned diced tomatoes or fire roasted tomatoes undrained (411g)
- 6 oz canned tomato paste (170g)
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender.
- Pulse 15 times or until mixture is smooth.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container to use later.
Notes I typically use 1/2 cup of pizza sauce for one 10-12″ pizza. Storing Store leftover sauce in an airtight container. Will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 94kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1065mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 769IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 3mg
How did you change the recipe? What did you add, or take away? Please share in the comments. Thank you for sharing!