September 28, 2020
servings: 1 SERVING
cook time: 5 MINUTES total time: 5 MINUTES
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice (almond, soy, coconut, cashew)1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice (almond, soy, coconut, cashew)
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, or 1-2 shots of espresso1/2 cup strong brewed
• In a small pot over medium heat, add the maple syrup and pumpkin puree. Stir, then add the pumpkin pie spice mix and the non-dairy milk. Warm, but do not bring to a boil.
• Once warm, turn off the heat and add the coffee (or espresso shots) and stir. Taste for sweetness: Add more maple syrup for a sweeter drink; I found 2 tablespoons to be just right.
• Pour into a mug and top with vegan whipped cream. Sprinkle a little more pumpkin pie spice mix on top if desired. Enjoy!
Substitutions & Tips:
- Don’t have pumpkin spice mix? No worries! Use 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, along with a tiny pinch of ginger, nutmeg and cloves. You could even just use cinnamon if that’s all you have.
- Use canned coconut milk for a richer beverage. I like to use a creamy milk such as cashew or soy, but any non-dairy milk you like will work.
- You can use granulated organic sugar instead of maple syrup. Again, add sweetness to your liking, and be aware that if you are using a sweetened milk you will need even less added sweetener.
Enjoy, and Happy Fall!
- If you want a really creamy and rich beverage, use canned coconut milk.
- To keep it caffeine free for kids, replace the 1/2 cup of coffee with more non-dairy milk.
- You can also just use organic granulated sugar instead of maple syrup, if that’s what you have.
- Double, triple or quadruple the recipe to make enough for company!
- Don’t have pumpkin spice mix? Use this instead: 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a tiny pinch of ginger, cloves and nutmeg. You can just use cinnamon if you’re short on spices!
serving: 1 serving, calories: 163kcal, carbohydrates: 32g, protein: 4g, fat: 2g, saturated fat: 1g, sodium: 53mg, potassium: 356mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 26g, vitamin a: 4920iu, vitamin c: 1mg, calcium: 194mg, iron: 1mg
How did you change the recipe? Please share in the comments. Thank you for sharing!