October 26, 2020
This is an original recipe developed by my best friend Collette. It blends the buttery taste of the Northern Beans, with potatoes, veggies, and a special blend of spices. It is a hearty and delicious combination! Everyone in the family has a second serving each time we make it.
Ingredients to cook Northern Beans:
2 cups Great Northern dry beans
3 cups water
1 cup Trader Joe’s Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
1 (14.5oz) can Diced tomatoes
1/2 cup celery, chopped into 1/2” slices
1/2 cup carrots, chopped into 1/2” slices
1 onion, chopped
2 medium potatoes, cut into 1” chunks
1 cup broccoli florets, roughly chopped
2 green onion stalks, chopped
16 meat-less meatballs, cut in half
1/2 cup green peas
1 cup Normandy blend of veggies, or your favorite veggie mix
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon Herb de Provence
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
1 teaspoon basil
2 teaspoons Salt-Free Spicy Mix (find the recipe in yesterday’s blog: October 25, 2020, titled Salt-Free Spicy Mix)
1 tablespoon Premium Better Than Bouillon Seasoned Vegetable Base
1 (32oz) Trader Joe’s Organic Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
• Cook the Northern Beans in the instant pot with all the ingredients listed above for cooking the Northern beans (dry beans, water, & veggie broth). Cook in the instant pot for 12 minutes. Once finished, allow the pressure to release.
• Add remaining ingredients to the cooked beans (diced tomatoes, celery, carrots, onion, potatoes, broccoli, green onions, meatballs, peas, veggie blend, garlic powder, onion powder, Herb de Provence, parsley, basil, salt-free spicy mix, bouillon, and veggie broth).
• Close the instant pot lid and set cooking time to 30 minutes.
• Allow to release the pressure. Open the lid of the instant pot. Stir.
• Carefully take out 3 cups of soup, and pour into a sauce pan. Immersion blend this amount until well dissolved, and it has a creamy consistency. You can also use a blender or a food processor.
• Add the pureed liquid back into the soup. Stir together until well incorporated. Serve soup hot.
• This recipe yields about 8 servings.
How did you modify this recipe? Please share in the comments. Thank you for sharing!