November 3, 2020
This recipe is an adaptation of the chili recipe by thedailygourmet at Allrecipes. This recipe yields 8 servings.
This easy Vegan Chili Recipe is healthy, hearty, and a perfect cozy meal for chilly days! It is packed with protein and fiber thanks to the beans, lentils, veggies, and Tofu.
1/4 cup veggie broth
1 cup chopped onion
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 medium carrots, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 pound Tofu, crumbled
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
2 (14.5 oz) cans Kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 cup dried lentils
2 cups frozen corn
6 cups of water
Vegan Sour Cream
• Turn on the Instant Pot, and select the Sauté function. Add the veggie broth, red & green pepper, celery, carrots, and onion. Sauté until onion is translucent. About 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add Tofu. Stir until crumbles are incorporated. Sauté for about 3 minutes.
• Add beans, tomatoes, corn, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and chili powder to the sautéed onion. Add 6 cups of water. Stir. Press cancel to turn off sauté function.
• Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot. Make sure that the release valve is pointing to Sealing (NOT venting!). Select Instant Pot Pressure button & press. Select high cooking setting. Set the cooking time to 20 minutes. Allow 10-15 minutes for pressure to build.
• Allow the Instant Pot to release pressure. Once the pressure is released, carefully open/unlock the lid. Stir carefully, for it is very hot! Serve immediately.
• You may wish to top with Nutritional Yeast. You can add it to the pot at the end of the cooking, when the heat is off.
• You may wish to top each bowl of Chili with chopped green onions, and Vegan Sour Cream.
How did you modify this recipe? Please share in the comments. Thank you for sharing!