December 14, 2020
This indulgent dessert is made with just three main ingredients: silken tofu, cocoa powder, and honey/agave. The tofu provides a smooth and creamy base, and the cocoa powder adds decadence as well as antioxidants. A little honey gives a touch of natural sweetness that’s just right. Once the ingredients are blended together, pour the mixture into ramekins or glasses, and you’ll have a delicious chocolate mousse within a few minutes. It is that easy! Enjoy it immediately as a pudding, or for a firmer consistency, refrigerate the mousse for a few hours.
AUTHOR: This recipe is created by Collette at aimeebrabant.wixsite.com/aimeescorner
SILKEN TOFU CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
prep time: 5 MINS
total time: 5 MINS
6 Ingredient Silken Tofu Chocolate Mousse – A super easy dessert or snack, ready in 5 minutes. Gluten-free, dairy-free, eggless, and vegan!
- 1/4-1/3 cup agave or honey
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 cup almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses (optional)
- 1 package (340 grams-12 ounces) organic silken tofu at room temperature, drained
- chocolate shavings
- fresh mint
• Open container, drain excess water, and place on paper towels for at least 15 minutes to remove excess liquid. If using the boxed shelf-stable tofu that is packed in very little water, this step can be skipped. I’ve used a couple of different sizes–one 12 oz (340 grams) and the other 15 oz (425 grams)–with success. The small size difference didn’t cause any issues with flavor or taste.
• Add all ingredients to blender or food processor. Blend until completely smooth, pausing to scrape down the sides, if necessary.
• Scoop the mixture into 3 ramekins or glasses, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
• To serve, garnish with chocolate shavings, raspberries, blackberries and a sprig of fresh mint. •
• Leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days
• Prep time does not include chilling.
Amount per serving (125 g) — Calories: 270, Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 8g, Sodium: 31mg, Carbohydrates: 21g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 18g, Protein: 8g
How did you modify this recipe? Please share in the comments. Thank you for sharing!