December 18, 2020
This recipe is created by Jeanine Donofrio at loveandlemons.com
Prep time 30 mins
Total time 30 mins
This avocado sandwich is the ULTIMATE vegetarian lunch! It’s packed with flavor and texture, and it’s guaranteed to keep you full till dinner time.
Author: Jeanine Donofrio Recipe type: Main dish Cuisine: American
Lemon-edamame sandwich filling:
- 1½ cups edamame
- ¼ cup cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallions
- ½ small garlic clove or a pinch of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or substitute with veggie broth
- 1 to 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
For the sandwiches:
- 8 slices eureka! Organic Top Seed Bread
- cucumber slices
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- Pickled onions
- 2 cups of arugula and/or micro greens
Make the sandwich filling:
• Place the edamame, cilantro, lemon juice, scallions, garlic, and sea salt into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until chopped.
• Add the olive oil and blend until smooth.
• Add up to 3 tablespoons of water to create a smooth, spreadable consistency.
• Season to taste and chill until ready to use. The filling can be in advance and stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
• Spread the edamame sandwich filling on 4 slices of bread. Top with the cucumber and avocado slices, pickled onions, arugula and the remaining bread slices.
How did you modify this recipe? Please share in the comments. Thank you for sharing!