January 3, 2021
This recipe is part of my Christmas 2020: Menu Prep Series!
This recipe was created by Helena at thedeliciousplate.com
VEGAN PERSIMMON CAKE:
This spiced Vegan Persimmon Cake is so moist and full of persimmon flavor, if you are a persimmon lover, you will LOVE this cake!
- 1 3/4 cups (450 g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 g) sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp tumeric for color optional
- 1 tsp each of cinnamon and cardamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 1/2 cups (600 g) ripe persimmon peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted, can be replaced with applesauce
- 1 large clementine juiced (1/4 cup)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp clementine juice (about 1 clementine)
- optional pomegranate seeds for topping
CLEMENTINE GLAZE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 350*F (180C)
- Brush a bunt pan generously with coconut oil and lightly dust with flour.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl. Blend the persimmon smooth in a blender or food processor. Then mix with the melted coconut oil (or applesauce) and clementine juice.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and stir gently until just incorporated, do not over mix!
- Fill the prepared bunt cake pan and bake for about 40 min until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the bunt pan for an hour and then carefully flip it out to a serving platter, remember that vegan cakes can be quite delicate.
- Make the Clementine Glaze: Mix the sugar and clementine juice together, if its too dry, add more juice, too wet, add more sugar. Drizzle over the cake and top with pomegranate seeds if desired. Enjoy!
How did you modify this recipe? Please share in the comments. Thank you for sharing!