January 18, 2021
Vegan ricotta, a vegan version of ricotta cheese. It’s cheesy, tasty, made with only 4 ingredients and ready in 5 minutes. It’s savory, cheesy, easy to make and it has an amazing ricotta texture! It tastes so good you’ll really think you’re eating the non-vegan version. Besides, it is made with tofu, so it’s packed with lots of protein.It truly has the perfect texture. Vegan ricotta is just delicious!
This recipe is the second of three recipes in the Meal Prep Series for Vegan Eggplant Lasagna. We will be using it to create the final recipe of the Vegan Eggplant Lasagna.
VEGAN TOFU RICOTTA
- Author: Iosune from simpleveganlog.com
- Prep: 5 mins
- Total: 5 mins
- 10 oz firm tofu (275 g), drained
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
• Chop the tofu and add it into a food processor or a blender. I don’t usually press it, but it’s up to you.
• Add all the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
• Use it as a dip with some crudités or bread, spread it on some crackers or pizza, or even use it with vegan stuffed shells or vegan lasagna.
• Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Use firm or extra firm tofu. Using silken or soft tofu is not a good idea.
- Feel free to use lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- You could also add other spices like garlic or onion powder, or fresh or dried herbs such as oregano or basil.
- Nutritional yeast gives this recipe its cheesy flavor, but if you can’t find it you could also use vegan Parmesan cheeseinstead.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 93.3 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
How long will this vegan ricotta keep?
This cheese will last quite some time if stored properly, as it’s made with fresh ingredients. Keep it in an airtight container in the fridge and it will last for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze this vegan ricotta?
Yes, you can. If you don’t eat it all at first, you can keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost, just transfer it into the fridge, let it thaw overnight and stir before using it.
How did you modify this recipe? Please share in the comments. Thank you for sharing!
• Use firm or extra-firm tofu. Using silken or soft tofu is not a good idea.
• Feel free to use lime juice instead of lemon juice.
• You could also add other spices like garlic or onion powder, or fresh or dried herbs such as oregano or basil.
• Nutritional yeast gives this recipe its cheesy flavor, but if you can’t find it you could also use vegan Parmesan cheese instead.