This recipe is made with my favorite Tricolored Carrots. They are roasted until lightly caramelized around the edges. They are crispy, and yet tender in the center. They are seasoned with fresh rosemary, thyme, and parsley!
I’m Averie Sunshine and I’m so happy you found my site! I began blogging in 2009 as a way to share recipes, and what began as a little hobby, has turned into one of the best things I’ve ever done. Sharing recipes, connecting with readers, making lots of friends along the way, and cooking up a storm has been so much fun. I post new recipes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
April 16, 2021
Herb Roasted Tri-Colored Carrots
prep time 5 MINUTES
cook time 30 MINUTES
total time 35 MINUTES
author: Averie Sunshine at averiecooks.com yields: 4
- 2 pounds carrots, trimmed, peeled, and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces (I used tri-colored carrots but you can use all orange)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, optional
Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
Wash, and peel the carrots. Cut the carrots into even pieces of about 1/2 inch, either diagonally or straight rounded. The important thing is to try to make all the pieces the same size and thickness so that they cook evenly.
Add the carrots to the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with olive oil, and evenly sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, and toss with your hands to evenly coat.
Arrange the carrots in a flat layer with space between the pieces if possible and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until carrots are lightly caramelized around the edges and fork-tender. Baking times will vary based on the size of carrots and personal preference for doneness.
Stir and flip halfway through baking to ensure all sides cook evenly.
- Tips for Making Roasted Rainbow Carrots: Be sure to chop the carrots into even-sized chunks so they roast at the same rate in the oven. If using organic carrots, you may not need to peel them — your choice!
- I don’t recommend using dried herbs in this carrot side dish. Dried herbs are more potent than fresh and don’t roast very well (they can become crunchy at high heats).
- I prefer these oven roasted carrots straight from the oven, but leftovers will keep up to 5 days in the fridge. Toss the roasted carrots on salads, into soups, or reheat and enjoy plain.
SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving:
TOTAL FAT: 7g
SATURATED FAT: 1g
TRANS FAT: 0g
UNSATURATED FAT: 6g
FIBER: 7 g
How did you modify this recipe? Please share in the comments. Thank you for sharing!